Smart City Mission, is an urban renewal and retrofitting program by the Government of India with the mission to develop 100 cities across the country making them citizen friendly and sustainable.
A total of ₹98,000 crore (US$14 billion) has been approved by the Indian Cabinet for the development of 100 smart cities and the rejuvenation of 500 others. ₹48,000 crore (US$6.7 billion) for the Smart Cities mission and a total funding of ₹50,000 crore (US$7.0 billion) for the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) have been approved by the Cabinet.
Opus Magna Group though its vital partner in India has been successful in gaining development projects for following cities:
1. Gujarat – Gandhinagar, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Ahmedabad, dahod
2. Telangana – Warangal, Karimnagar
3. Chandigarh – Chandigarh
4. Delhi – New Delhi
5. Punjab – Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Amritsar
– Multi-level automated Parking,
– Transformation of electric-Poles into Smart Poles with LEDs having incident-driven-controllers; communication-infrastructure, Wi- Fi access points, air-quality sensors, noise-pollution sensors,
– Sensor based Smart Parking
– Rain Water Harvesting Proposal for Public Building /Schools/ Colleges/Park – Restoration of certain old heritage buildings